Saturday, February 5, 2011

Blueberry Coffee Cake

My mother-in-law came over earlier today because she wanted to meet Rex, our cat. I like to make a little something whenever she comes over because that's just the way I was raised. Plus, I'm good at it and I like to show off. I got this recipe from allrecipes.com.

Ingredients
2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/4 c. vegetable oil
3/4 c. white sugar
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
1 c. blueberries (I used frozen ones from last summer)

1/3 c. flour
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 c. butter, softened

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375. Grease and flour a 9" pan. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk oil, sugar and egg. Stir in the flour mixture alternating with the milk until just incorporated. Fold in the blueberries.

Pour batter into prepared pan and top with streusel. For the topping: In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup flour, cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (I find it's easiest to do this with your hand).

Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.




4 comments:

  1. What a deliciously moist piece of coffee cake and that streusel looks fantastic. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog right now called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cake up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I was inspired and did a Blueberry Carrot Muffin version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Definitely a keeper recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a sweet daughter-in-law :) I'm sure appreciated it. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete