Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sun-dried tomato and artichoke chicken

This is the second time I made this recipe so I decided to try something a little different with it. Nothing too drastic, but I decided to put the stuffing into the chicken, bake it and serve it as a "stuffed chicken breast". While it still tasted delicious, it wasn't exactly the best presentation and was pretty messy looking.

I also forgot to pick up onions from the grocery store and had to substitute with dried chopped onions. It didn't turn out too bad, but the dried onions darkened up quite a bit and made the stuffing look a little burnt, even thought it wasn't.

My mom is visiting us for a few weeks so I was happy to have someone besides DH to cook for and to be able to treat my mom to some of my homemade cooking. In the past, I rarely cooked and was known for burning things to the point they were ruined, so my mom was pretty shocked at how well things turned out. She absolutely loved the chicken and said it was the "best meal she's had the entire trip". Considering we've had fabulous meals at places in Germany, Paris, London and Amsterdam, I considered this a great compliment. Nevermind, she's my Mom and may be just a little bit biased...I'll still take the compliment.

Here is the finished product. Please ignore my poor attempt at presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment