Monday, October 4, 2010

Everything's better with TEQUILA

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Aaron always gets intrigued when he sees me grab the bottle of tequila when cooking, since I swore off drinking it years ago. Since Aaron has texture issues with carrots, celery and other vegetables when cooked, I looked around a bit and decided to piece this soup together.

I marinated the chicken using Guy Fieri's recipe.

Marinade
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 ounces silver tequila
2 limes, juiced
2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
4 cloves garlic (used jarred garlic)
1 teaspoon oregano
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1 lb chicken tenderloins

I marinated the chicken overnight. Original recipe says 6-8 hours.

Soup Base
Olive oil
1/2 large red onion, chopped
1 can fire roasted green chili's
4 garlic cloves
1 (14oz) can of fire roasted tomatoes
1 (14oz) can great norhtern beans
1 box (32oz) of chicken stock

In a large pot heat up olive oil and saute onion, green chili's and garlic for a couple of minutes. Deglaze pan with a little bit of chicken stock and add remaining chicken stock, tomatoes and beans. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 30-45 minutes.

While the soup base is cooking, cook your chicken. There is no right or wrong way here, most recipes I saw called for grilled, but since I was already at the stove, I just threw it all into a pan.

To serve
Place cooked chicken in the bottom of a bowl and add as much soup base as you'd like to the top. Garnish with whatever you'd like, but I'd recommend Guy Fieri's tequila creme!

Tequila creme
2 oz tequila
3/4 cup

Whip together using a hand whisk or hand blender. I think Aaron liked the tequila creme more than the soup itself! He didn't want any to go to waste so he ate the leftovers with salsa and chips.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment