Sunday, October 24, 2010

Updates, but no pictures

So, I have been keeping up with the cooking...but my camera has not been keeping up with me. Oh well...

I made the chicken tikka masala and it was delicious. I followed the recipe exactly since I had never made it before. I served it over brown rice (which was the only part of the meal that didn't turn out well--go figure). Even Ed tried this recipe! He wasn't a huge fan (thought it was too spicy) but at least it was one that he would try.

I also made the scones last weekend. I subbed a few things with these...whole wheat flour rather than white, 2% cheddar instead of full fat, and turkey bacon for regular. They came out great! I served them with French Onion soup with dinner and then had them with the leftover soup for lunch the next day. These were awesome...and a hit with Ed even!

And finally, I made the chili today for lunches for the week. I followed this recipe except that I used ground turkey breast instead of vegetarian ground "beef", I forgot the buy celery, and I used orange bell pepper since that was what I had on hand. I halved the recipe since it was just for me for lunches this week and it still made a ton! I am making it again tomorrow night, this time as vegetarian, to bring for a class dinner that I need to provide Tuesday night at school! I think it will be a huge hit...and hopefully I can get my camera to cooperate and add a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment