Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lettuce Wraps

I was skeptical when I started to make this recipe, but I was pleasantly surprised.

As I was getting ready to make this last night, I realized that I didn't have sriracha, but I did have spicy Thai chili garlic sauce. For future reference, this substitution does not provide enough heat, but an extra sprinkle or two of cayenne pepper did the trick.

This was my first time eating a lettuce wrap and I loved it. However, J was not a fan of the lettuce wrap. He liked the meat (although he added even more pepper - I swear he doesn't have any taste buds left), but the whole rolling things up bit was too fussy for him. If I make it again, I will have to find another way to serve it. Maybe I can turn it into a Thai taco salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment