Saturday, September 25, 2010

Worth the Wait

Pizza Pot Pie is not for the faint of heart. There is a lot of meat and a lot of cheese. Even J, who has been known to put away some food, said, “Are you going to use all of that?”

I made very few changes to this recipe. I used 3 lbs of sweet Italian sausage and 1 lb. of hot sausage and I substituted dried herbs instead of fresh. Other than that, I followed it as written.

After a bit of trial and error, I discovered that kitchen shears are the perfect thing for cutting sausage. I browned it in batches, because my skillet is not big enough to hold it all at once.

I always get my pizza dough at Trader Joe’s. They have a plain white, whole wheat and garlic & herb dough and best of all, it’s only 99 cents!

My top shrunk up when it baked, but it didn't overflow. I waited until the very end of the week to make this recipe, but it was worth the wait.

2 comments:

  1. Haha... it's a pretty big deal when a guy worries that there's too much meat into a dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I too was worried about the amount of meat... looks good though!

    ReplyDelete