With the holiday weekend just ahead I thought a recipe involving burgers would be appropriate. This is a twist on the traditonal burgers on the grill. I have made this recipe in the past, courtesy of Women's Health. My husband raves about them. Curious to see what you all think!
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 c chopped mint
Kosher salt to taste
2 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 c grated onion (1 small onion)
1/4 c chopped parsley
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried garlic
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp coriander
1-2 pinches of salt
1 lb lean ground beef
4 6-inch whole-wheat pitas, cut in half
1. Whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, mint, and salt in medium bowl. Add cucumbers and toss. Set aside.
2. Place onion, parsley, cumin, garlic paprika, coriander, and salt in medium bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
3. Add beef and blend mixture into meat with your hands. (Don't overhandle meat or burgers will get tough.)
4. Form beef into 16 mini patties and grill until cooked, 3-4 minutes per side. While burgers cook, lightly warm pita in toaster.
5. To serve, stuff pita pocket with 4 or 5 cucumber slices and 2 burgers and drizzle juices from salad. Serve remaining salad on side.